Anadin Extra Tablets can be used to treat mild or moderate pain stemming from a variety of causes, such as toothache, neuralgia, headache, migraine, period pain and sore throats.
Anadin Extra Tablets consist of a triple action formula of caffeine, paracetamol and aspirin. This formula is designed to alleviate symptoms of pain quickly. The three components of Anadin Extra Tablets work in combination with each other to do this:
- Aspirin targets and suppresses pain at the source
- Caffeine speeds up pain relief
- Paracetamol blocks pain signals in the brain
When taking Anadin Extra Tablets to treat pain from a muscle injury, use of a tubular bandage will help reduce swelling so you can go about your day as usual.
Anadin Extra Tablets are meant for people of over 16 years of age.
For Adults and young people over 16 years of age:
- Take 2 Anadin Extra Tablets with a drink
- This can be repeated every 4 hours if required
- Do not take more than 8Anadin Extra Tablets within a 24 hour period
- Do not take more than 2 tablets at once
- Do not combine use of Anadin Extra Tablets with other products containing paracetamol
The side effects of Anadin Extra Tablets can include:
- Easy bruising or bleeding
- A reduction in the number of white blood cells
- Tremors and palpitations when combined with caffeine
- Runny nose
- Shortness of breath
- Changes in skin colour
If any of these effects concern you or you are affected in a different way, stop using this product and consult with a doctor or pharmacist.
Not everyone will experience side effects.
Take care to read the following instructions carefully before using Anadin Extra Tablets.
Children under the age of 16 years old should not use products containing aspirin as a link has been made between aspiring use in under 16s and a condition called Reye's syndrome. This is a rare disease which affects the liver and brain, and can prove fatal. As such, do not give a product containing aspirin to a child under 16 without explicit instruction from a doctor.
You should not use Anadin Extra Tablets if:
- You have ever had stomach bleeding or a stomach ulcer
- You are breastfeeding or in the last trimester of pregnancy
- You suffer from haemophilia
- You are allergic to aspirin, paracetamol, caffeine, or any of the other aforementioned ingrdients in this product.
If any of the following apply to you, take special consideration and consider consulting with a doctor or pharmacist before using this product:
- You suffer from liver or kidney disease
- You suffer from G-6-PD deficiency
- You suffer from asthma
- You are suffering from dehydration
Taking Anadin Extra Tablets with other medicines
This medicine should not be used in combination with any other medicines that reduce blood clotting.
Consult with a doctor or pharmacist before using this product if you are also taking:
- Water tablets
- Treatment for diarrhoea that is caused by gall bladder disease
- Metoclopramide and domperidone
- Certain antibiotics (chloramphenicol)
- Epilepsy treatments (phenytoin and valproate)
- ACE inhibitors
- SSRIs or venlafaxine
Always read the entire product information leaflet and all packaging before taking any new medicines. Inform your doctor if you intend to take any new medicines.
Anadin Extra Tablets contains the active ingredients:
- Aspirin 300mg
- Paracetamol 200mg
- Caffeine 45mg
The following other ingredients are also contained within Anadin Extra Tablets:
Maize starch, microcrystalline cellulose (E460), hydrogenated vegetable oil, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (E464), polyethylene glycol, pregelatinised starch and povidone.