Acne is an unpleasant and, sadly, extremely prevalent skin condition affecting around 95% of people between the ages of 11 and 30. Characterised by red spots, blemishes, and oily skin, the condition is usually linked to hormonal changes during puberty, but it can strike at any age and is even known to run in families.
Mismanagement of acne can result in permanent scarring, not to mention the psychological distress it can inflict on patients experiencing a breakout. Fortunately, there are several solutions available that can reduce the severity of acne outbreaks and prevent future scarring, one of which is Epiduo Gel.
Epiduo Gel contains adapalene and benzoyl peroxide, which work together to reduce acne symptoms. Adapalene helps unblock pores and decrease redness, swelling, and inflammation, while benzoyl peroxide kills bacteria and promotes skin turnover. This combination provides an effective solution for mild to moderate acne and has been clinically tested and approved for short and long-term treatment.
But what do real customers think? If you’re considering trying Epiduo Gel but aren’t completely sure whether to take the leap just yet, take a look at the reviews below. We’ve gathered Epiduo Gel reviews from genuine customers of The Independent Pharmacy, so you can find out exactly what real patients think of this powerful prescription acne treatment.
We've also outlined any key points and takeaways to be aware of, as well as provided some helpful links. For more context, check out the review section on the main Epiduo Gel page.
Our Epiduo Gel reviews summary: how it rates overall
Overall, Epiduo Gel users report high success rates, but emphasise the need for persistence, with some stating it took up to 4 months to see significant improvement. Some users also note an initial "purge period" where their acne symptoms temporarily worsen before improving.
Many people who ordered this acne treatment from The Independent Pharmacy have left positive Epiduo Gel reviews, detailing their experience with this beneficial treatment.
You can read individual Epiduo Gel reviews from our customers in the section up above, but if you’d prefer a quick overview of what real users think, we’ve created a round-up of key takeaways and points from their feedback:
- Users described Epiduo Gel as “a fantastic product”, “great stuff” and “the best gel I have ever used”.
- Patients report that upon beginning treatment, positive results follow after around 2-3 weeks of consistent use.
- Users claim that Epiduo Gel is suitable for use on sensitive skin, but that it should be “used sparingly” and may sting initially.
- Some users apply Epiduo Gel alongside Cetaphil Moisturiser (which is recommended for those with particularly dry skin), with one confirming that their skin is not “overly dried out” by the product.
- Many users have commented on the “great service” they received from The Independent Pharmacy when ordering Epiduo Gel.
From the overwhelmingly positive reviews left by our customers here, we can summarise that these patients are extremely satisfied with this product and that Epiduo Gel is a great option for the treatment of adult acne.
How long does it take for Epiduo to work?
Based on patient reviews of this product, most users find that Epiduo has visibly improved their acne symptoms within 2 to 3 weeks. However, it’s important to be aware that not everyone will experience the same results, as it will depend on the severity of your symptoms. You should notice a significant improvement after using Epiduo Gel regularly for at least 6 to 8 weeks.
Everything else you need to know about Epiduo Gel
At The Independent Pharmacy, we've got you covered with all the information you need about Epiduo Gel, alternative acne treatments such as Differin or Zineryt, and further information on a range of skin conditions including psoriasis and eczema.
Visit the following pages to learn everything you need to know about this acne treatment before you buy:
- For a general introduction to Epiduo Gel, head over to our detailed guide, where we can answer any questions you may have, from “how long does it take Epiduo to work?” to “How do I use Epiduo Gel?” (and everything in between!).
- For other acne treatment options and alternatives to Epiduo Gel, check out our acne treatments page.
- If you’re suffering from dry or irritated skin, check out our dry skin, eczema and dermatitis, and psoriasis treatment hubs.
Looking to order a repeat supply of Epiduo Gel? You've come to the right place. Our online pharmacy makes it as easy as possible. Just fill out a simple consultation form, let our team of qualified prescribers review and approve it, and your treatment will be delivered straight to your doorstep as soon as the next working day. Click here to buy Epiduo Gel.