- Free delivery over £40
- 100% UK-based pharmacy
- Free support and advice
- We’re rated 4.9 out of 5
Dalacin (Clindamycin) Vaginal Cream for BV
Dalacin Antibiotic Vaginal Cream, is inserted inside the vagina to quickly clear infection caused by bacterial vaginosis. Relieving you from unpleasant, embarrassing symptoms including unusual, smelly discharge.
Buy Dalacin Vaginal Cream from The Independent Pharmacy when you complete a short health questionnaire. Once your treatment is approved by one of our medical teams, Dalacin Vaginal Cream will be delivered discreetly to your door.
Dalacin Vaginal Cream Information
What is Dalacin Vaginal Cream?
Dalacin Vaginal Cream contains the active ingredient Clindamycin phosphate that has powerful antibiotic properties. The cream is inserted directly into the vagina to kill the bacteria that causes the unpleasant, fishy discharge this is a result of bacterial vaginosis (BV).
Each box of Dalacin Cream is supplied with disposal applicators that make every application easy and mess-free. After just 7 days of use, you will be left feeling more comfortable, refreshed and confident.
What is Dalacin Vaginal Cream used for?
BV is one of the most common causes of unusual vaginal discharge. Although around half of women do not experience any symptoms, some will notice a grey-whitish or thin and watery discharge that has a particularly offensive, fishy odour that may become worse after sex.
Dalacin Cream is an effective treatment for BV and with daily applications quickly clears the infection. If you are unsure whether you are suffering from BV, you can purchase a vaginal infection self-test to help you make sure you are getting the best treatment for you.
How does Dalacin Vaginal Cream work?
Dalacin Cream is inserted deep inside the vagina allowing the active ingredient, clindamycin phosphate, to target the bacteria that cause BV, so it can quickly kill the infection at its source, leaving you to get on with your day.
Alternatives to Dalacin Vaginal Cream
BV is a bacterial infection and requires antibiotics to help clear the infection. Dalacin Cream contains clindamycin phosphate, however, metronidazole is another highly effective antibiotic used to treat BV.
At The Independent Pharmacy, our range of BV treatment includes both Metronidazole Tablets and Zidoval Gel, which is a metronidazole gel inserted into the vagina that works similarly to Dalacin Cream. Metronidazole treatments may be more suitable for people who cannot use treatments containing clindamycin.
- Dalacin Vaginal Cream, Patient Information Leaflet: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/1080/pil
Dalacin Vaginal Cream warnings
- Speak to a doctor or pharmacist before using Dalacin Cream if you have diarrhoea or have developed diarrhoea while using antibiotics previously. If you develop bloody diarrhoea while using this treatment stop using it immediately and seek medical advice.
- You should not have sexual intercourse while using this treatment. If your sexual partner is female they also may require treatment.
- Dalacin can make condoms or diaphragms less effective and therefore these should not be relied upon for contraception during treatment.
For full details regarding warnings and precautions associated with the use of Dalacin Cream please read the Patient Information Leaflet.
Dalacin Vaginal Cream in pregnancy & breastfeeding
You should speak to a doctor or pharmacist before using Dalacin Cream if you are pregnant or breastfeeding and think you may have BV. They will be able to advise you as to what is the best treatment for you at this time.
How to use Dalacin Vaginal Cream
Dalacin Cream is for vaginal use only, it should be used exactly as advised by a doctor or pharmacist. The normal dose is 1 applicator full, which is equal to 5 grams, at night for 7 days.
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- Remove the cap from the tube and screw on a disposable plastic applicator.
- Squeezing the tube from the bottom, push the cream into the applicator.
- Once the plunger stops moving the applicator is full.
- Unscrew the applicator and replace the cap onto the tube.
- Lie on your back and insert the applicator into the vagina as far up as is comfortable.
- Slowly push the plunger of the applicator until it stops and all the cream has been emptied.
- Remove the applicator and dispose of it in the bin immediately.
Please take the time to read the Patient Information Leaflet thoroughly before using this medicine.
Dalacin Vaginal Cream ingredients
The active substance in Dalacin cream is: clindamycin phosphate.
The other ingredients are: benzyl alcohol, sorbitan stearate, polysorbate 60, propylene glycol, stearic acid, cetostearyl alcohol, cetyl palmitate, liquid paraffin and water.
Dalacin Vaginal Cream side effects
Dalacin Cream may cause some people to develop side effects. If you experience severe bloody diarrhoea or an allergic reaction while using this treatment you should seek medical attention straight away.
The most common side effects associated with Dalacin Cream include:
- Inflammation of the cervix, vagina and vulva
- Vaginal thrush and other vaginal infections
- Stomach cramps
If you experience side effects that do not improve, you should speak to a doctor or pharmacist for advice. For full details regarding side effects please read the Patient Information Leaflet.