- Free delivery over £40
- 100% UK-based pharmacy
- Free advice and support
- We're rated 4.9 out of 5
About Benadryl Allergy Relief
Benadryl Allergy provides relief from symptoms associated with hay fever, including sneezing, an itchy, runny or blocked nose, and itchy, watery or red eyes. Hay fever is an allergic reaction to pollen (a fine powder produced by plants) that typically occurs when it comes into contact with the nose, eyes, mouth or throat.
What is Benadryl Allergy Relief used for?
Benadryl antihistamine capsules are used to relieve the symptoms of hay fever (also referred to as seasonal allergic rhinitis), which include sneezing and coughing, a blocked or runny nose, red, watery or itchy eyes, and an itchy throat, mouth, nose or ears.
How does Benadryl Allergy Relief work?
Benadryl Allergy Relief is a medicine that is used to relieve the symptoms of hay fever and other allergic conditions such as pet or dust allergies. The capsules contain acrivastine which is an antihistamine that helps relieve allergy symptoms such as sneezing, runny nose, and watery eyes.
Alternatives to Benadryl Allergy Relief
We have a range of hay fever treatments available to ease allergy symptoms, and Benadryl can generally be used alone or in conjunction with other hay fever medications, such as:
Non-prescription oral antihistamines that can be used instead of Benadryl include Cetirizine (non-drowsy), Loratadine (non-drowsy) and Piriton (sedating).
In addition to the various hay fever treatments available, there’s a number of non-medicinal ways to prevent or alleviate hay fever symptoms.These include:
- Wearing wraparound sunglasses to stop irritants from getting into the eyes
- Keeping windows closed on days with a high pollen count
- Showering and changing clothes after going outside
- Changing bed covers frequently
- Putting vaseline around the nostrils to trap pollen
Benadryl Allergy Relief side effects
Benadryl Allergy Relief can have side effects like all medicines, although these are rare and are usually mild.
If you get any side effects (including any that are not listed here), talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Benadryl Allergy Relief ingredients
Active Ingredients: Acrivastine 8mg
Other ingredients: Lactose, Sodium Starch Glycollate, Magnesium Stearate, Gelatin, Colouring (E171) and Purified Water.
Benadryl Allergy Relief warnings
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Do not take Benadryl if you are allergic to any of the other ingredients in this medication.