- Free delivery over £40
- 100% UK-based pharmacy
- Free support and advice
- We’re rated 4.9 out of 5
About Pirinase Hayfever Nasal Spray
Pirinase Hayfever Nasal Spray: This is a nasal spray from Pirinase that works like an antihistamine tablet but actually does more to get rid of the groggy and congested feeling you sometimes get with hay fever. Its active ingredient is fluticasone and it works to treat all the symptoms of hay fever quickly and easily.
Pirinase Hayfever Nasal Spray information
What is Pirinase Nasal Spray and what is it used for?
Pirinase nasal spray is a steroidal treatment containing fluticasone propionate, which can be used to treat the symptoms of allergic rhinitis (nose allergies) like hay fever and pet allergies. Some of these symptoms include:
- Itchy nose
- Runny nose
- Itchy eyes
- Blocked nose
- Sinus congestion
Pirinase nasal spray usually takes three or four days to become fully effective. It should ideally be used a few days before you expect to have symptoms, for example, a few days before pollen season or if you will be coming into contact with an animal you are allergic to, such as cats.
Pirinase nasal spray is manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline and is available to purchase in metred spray bottles containing approximately 60 sprays. Pirinase is suitable for anyone over the age of 18 years, once a day for up to 7 days.
How does Pirinase Nasal Spray work?
The active ingredient in Pirinase nasal spray is called fluticasone propionate, a kind of corticosteroid. Your body naturally produces corticosteroids from the adrenal gland. This hormone plays an important role in controlling your body’s allergic and inflammatory responses. Fluticasone propionate is a synthetic corticosteroid that can help to control your body’s natural responses to allergies, decreasing your symptoms. It does this by preventing cells within your nasal passage from releasing chemicals which create these symptoms.
Alternatives to Pirinase Nasal Spray
Pirinase nasal spray can be used alone or in conjunction with antihistamines (Cetirizine, Loratadine, Piriton) or decongestants (Sudafed, Actifed) to help relieve symptoms of allergies. Painkillers such as ibuprofen and paracetamol can also be used in conjunction with Pirinase nasal spray if you are also experiencing pain or inflammation.
Other nasal sprays, available from The Independent Pharmacy that are used to treat allergies and hayfever include:
- Pirinase Nasal Spray, Patient Information Leaflet: https://www.medicines.org.uk/e...
Pirinase Nasal Spray
Reading the following warnings carefully will help to ensure you are selecting an appropriate product.
- Not recommended for children under 18 years of age.
- Avoid using more than 4 sprays in every nostril each day.
- Avoid the use of this spray for more than 3 months continuously without consulting your doctor.
- Consult your doctor before using the spray, if you are expectant or breastfeeding or if your symptoms persist after using this medication for 7 days.
- Keep out of sight and out of reach of children.
- Store below 30 degrees.
- Speak to a doctor or pharmacist before using this nasal spray if you are currently using any other prescribed or non-prescribed medication.
Please read all packaging and the Product Information Leaflet before taking any new medicine and inform your doctor of medicines you are taking or intend to take.
How to use Pirinase Nasal Spray
Adults aged 18 years and over:
- Shake well before use. Use 2 sprays in each nostril, once every day.
- Once symptoms improve, you should lower the dosage to 1 spray in each nostril once every day.
- If symptoms are severe you can use 2 sprays in every nostril twice every day.
- If symptoms improve, use the normal dosage.
The active ingredients contained in this medicine is: Fluticasone Propionate 0.05%.
The medicine also contains the following inactive ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, sodium carboxymethyl-cellulose, dextrose, polysorbate 80, purified water, dilute hydrochloric acid, preservatives: benzalkonium chloride, phenylethylalcohol.
Pirinase Nasal Spray side effects
Not everyone will experience side effects when they take medication, however, if you do they can include:
- unpleasant taste and smell.
If you are concerned about these effects, or if the product affects you in any other way, stop using it and talk to your doctor or pharmacist.