Imigran Recovery Tablets acts on the root cause of migraines, offering much needed relief to the four main symptoms for sufferers; headache, nausea, and sensitivity to light and sound.
The active ingredient is sumatriptan, which acts like serotonin - the chemical in the brain involved in migraines, helping to return blood vessels to normal, while calming the sensory nerves.
Imigran Recovery works fast, providing initial relief in just 30 minutes and the ability to return to normal daily activities. It is also highly effective and just one tablet can usually being enough for around 80% of sufferers.
Additional information for migraine sufferers:-
During a migraine attack, the blood vessel in the head widen. It is thought that this causes the pain and discomfort. Imigran Recovery tablets narrow the blood vessels and reduces the pain.
Painkillers which dissolve in water will be absorbed faster and so will tablets that melt in the mouth. Examples of these are Solpadine soluble and Nurofen Meltlets.
Adults aged 18 to 65 years:
- Take the whole Imigran Recovery tablet with water.
- Swallow the first tablet immediately, at the first signs of a migraine.
- If symptoms begin to occur again, swallow the second tablet after two hours.
Do not exceed the stated dose.
Not everyone will experience side effects when they take Imigran Recovery tablets, however if you do they can include:
- You might experience a sensation of tightness in the throat and chest including a warm tingling feeling after taking these tablets. This is usually a sign that the tablet has begun to work. The feeling wears off quickly but you should consult your doctor, if these sensations last longer than 2 hours, or if the sensations are severe.
- You might get an allergic reaction after taking this medication, signs to watch out for include breathlessness, swollen face, eyelids or lips, rash, wheezing or even complete collapse.
- If you experience any of the unwanted symptoms immediately after taking this medication avoid taking more tablets and consult your doctor. Carry the enclosed leaflet and the packaging with you as you visit your doctor.
If you are concerned about these effects, or if the product affects you in any other way, stop using it and talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Reading the following warnings carefully will help to ensure you are selecting an appropriate product.
- Avoid taking more than 2 Imigran Recovery tablets in 24 hours and avoid taking more than 2 tablets for the same attack.
- If the first tablet does not provide any relief avoid taking a second tablet.
- Avoid taking more than the recommended dosage.
- Imigran Recovery tablets should not to be taken by adults over 65 or children under 18 years.
- If you have liver or kidney disease, or if you have elevated blood pressure levels or if you are prone to seizures or if you have epilepsy or if you have had a stroke or a transient ischaemic attack (mini-stroke), or if you have heart problems such as irregular heartbeat, heart failure, a previous heart attack, or angina or if your have been diagnosed with a rare form of migraine such as basilar, hemiplegic or ophthalmoplegic migraine or if you suffer from peripheral vascular disease or if you have cramp-like pains in your legs or if you have circulation problems in your legs, you should not take this medication.
- Avoid taking Imigran Recovery tablets if you are aged over 65 years or under 18 years, or if you have had hypersensitivity to sulphonamide antibiotics, sumatriptan, or other ingredients in the tablets.
- This medication should not be taken to prevent a migraine attack but should only be swallowed when migraine headache starts.
- This medication should only be taken by those who suffer from migraines and it has been confirmed by a pharmacist or doctor.
Please read all packaging and the Product Information Leaflet before taking any new medicine and inform your doctor of medicines you are taking or intend to take.
The active ingredients contained in Imigran Recovery tablets are:
Imigran also contains the following inactive ingredients to make up the complete product:
Anhydrous Calcium Hydrogen Phosphate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate, Croscarmellose Sodium, Magnesium Stearate, Hypromellose (E464), Titanium Dioxide (E171), Triacetin and Iron Oxide Red (E172).