- Free delivery over £40
- 100% UK-based pharmacy
- Free support and advice
- We’re rated 4.9 out of 5
About Canesten Combi (Pessary & Cream)
Women who suffer from thrush will know just how unpleasant, painful, and embarrassing this condition can be. Getting effective treatment as soon as possible is important, and with Canesten Combi Pessary & Cream 2% you will benefit from a combination treatment to tackle both the internal infection and external symptoms.
Canesten Combi (Pessary & Cream) information
What is Canesten Combi?
When you suffer from thrush, you can experience a lot of discomfort with soreness, itching, and pain depending on the severity of the infection. If you are looking for an effective, fast-acting, and proven treatment for the symptoms of thrush, Canesten Combi Pessary & Cream 2% is an excellent choice.If you have not had thrush before it is important to get your symptoms diagnosed by a doctor or health professional first because sometimes they can be similar to some sexually transmitted diseases. Future episodes can be treated by visiting The Independent Pharmacy.
What is Canesten Combi used for?This is a combination treatment for vaginal thrush that can tackle the external symptoms of this condition as well as being able to tackle the infection itself internally. The treatment includes a pessary, which is inserted internally as well as a cream that is applied to deal with external symptoms such as itching.
How does Canesten Combi work?Canesten Combi contains both a pessary for internal use and an external cream that both contain the active ingredient clotrimazole, which is an antifungal medicine used to treat infections caused by fungi. Clotrimazole targets and kills the internal and external fungi that cause symptoms of thrush by interfering with their cell membranes.
Canesten Combi Warnings
Reading the following warnings carefully will help to ensure you are selecting an appropriate product.
- Consult your doctor if this is your first time to experience candidal vaginitis symptoms.
- If you or your partner has ever had a sexually transmitted disease, or if you have had more than 2 candidal vaginitis in the last 6 months, consult your doctor before using the product.
- If you are aged over 60 years of age or under 16 years of age, or if you have ever had an allergic reaction to vaginal antifungal products including imidazoles and Canesten, consult your doctor before using the product.
- Avoid using the product, if you are pregnant, or trying to become pregnant.
- Consult your doctor before using the product if you have irregular and abnormal vaginal bleeding or foul-smelling vaginal discharge or blood-stained discharge, nausea or vomiting, fever or chills, diarrhoea, vaginal or vulval ulcers, sores or blisters, dysuria, lower abdominal pain or adverse events such as irritation, redness or swelling associated with this product.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.
Please read all packaging and the Product Information Leaflet before taking any new medicine and inform your doctor of medicines you are taking or intend to take.
How to use Canesten Combi
Adults, including the elderly (under 60 years old) and adolescents 16 years and over:
The pessary is for internal symptoms and should be inserted into the vagina at night.
The cream is for external symptoms and can be applied two to three times daily.
Canesten Combi Ingredients
The active ingredients contained in this medicine is/are:
Clotrimazole 500mg per pessary and clotrimazole cream 2%.
The medicine also contains the following inactive ingredients to make up the complete product:
Pessary: Lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, lactic acid, maize starch, crospovidone, calcium lactate pentahydrate, magnesium stearate, colloidal anhydrous silica and hypromellose.
Cream: Sorbitan stearate, polysorbate 60, cetyl palmitate, cetostearyl alcohol, octyldodecanol, benzyl alcohol and purified water.
Canesten Combi Side Effects
Not everyone will experience side effects when they take medication, however, if you do they can include:
Irritation in the area of use and a burning sensation may occur.
If you are concerned about these effects, or if the product affects you in any other way, stop using it and talk to your doctor or pharmacist.