- Free delivery over £40
- 100% UK-based pharmacy
- Free advice and support
- We're rated 4.9 out of 5
About Clotrimazole 1% Cream
Used for the treatment of a variety of fungal skin infections, Clotrimazole 1% Cream is a very effective treatment that can get to work quickly in order to provide speedy and convenient relief to sufferers. It can treat conditions such as thrush, jock itch, ringworm, and other fungal skin infections.
Clotrimazole 1% Cream information
What is Clotrimazole 1% Cream?
Clotrimazole 1% Cream is an antifungal treatment for fungal skin infections in men, women and children. The cream is applied directly to the infected areas of the skin to quickly kill the fungus, preventing further spread of the infection and relieving unpleasant symptoms such as redness and itching.
Clotrimazole cream is a generic brand of antifungal treatment, containing the same active ingredient as branded treatments such as Canesten Cream, that is manufactured by Mylan and is available in 20g or 50g tubes.
What is Clotrimazole 1% Cream used for?
A range of skin problems can be treated by using this cream, including:
- External thrush
- Jock itch
- Athletes foot
- Nappy rash
- Sweat rash
How does Clotrimazole 1% Cream work?
Clotrimazole is an antifungal agent it kills fungus and prevents any further spread of the infection by causing holes to appear in its cell membrane and the contents to leak out. Clotrimazole is rapid-acting, most people will notice a considerable improvement in symptoms of itching and irritation within just a few days.
Clotrimazole 1% Cream alternatives
Clotrimazole cream is for external use only, so those with infections that also affect them internally, such as thrush, will need to ensure they get appropriate treatment for the internal infection such as Canesten Pessary or Canesten Oral Capsule.
Clotrimazole 1% Cream warnings
Reading the following warnings carefully will help to ensure you are selecting an appropriate product.
- Clotrimazole cream should not be used in people who have had an allergic reaction to clotrimazole or any of the other ingredients of clotrimazole cream
- Clotrimazole cream should not be used during pregnancy or breastfeeding without consulting a doctor
- Do not put the cream in your mouth or swallow it
Please read all packaging and the Product Information Leaflet before taking any new medicine and inform your doctor of medicines you are taking or intend to take.
How to use Clotrimazole 1% Cream
Adults, including the elderly and children of all ages:
- Before use, pierce the tube seal by pressing the cap over the end of the tube
- If the feet are infected, they should be washed and dried thoroughly, especially between the toes, before
- Clotrimazole cream should be applied thinly and evenly to the affected areas two or three times daily and rubbed in gently
- The duration of the treatment depends upon the type of infection. Generally, a minimum of two weeks is required, although up to four weeks may be necessary
If your symptoms do not improve you should speak to a doctor or pharmacist for advice. To prevent reinfection or spreading the infection to others you should continue with treatment for 1 week after your symptoms have cleared and avoid sharing towels or clothing during treatment.
Clotrimazole 1% Cream ingredients
The active ingredients contained in this medicine is: Clotrimazole 1%.
The medicine also contains the following inactive ingredients: Sorbitan monostearate, polysorbate 60, cetyl esters wax, stearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, 2-octyldodeoanol, benzyl alcohol and water.
Clotrimazole 1% Cream side effects
Not everyone will experience side effects when they take medication, however, if you do they can include:
- Irritation or peeling of skin at the site of application
If you are concerned about these effects, or if the product affects you in any other way, stop using it and talk to your doctor or pharmacist.