- Free delivery over £40
- 100% UK-based pharmacy
- Free advice and support
- We're rated 4.9 out of 5
About Canesten 2% Thrush Cream
Men and women who suffer from thrush will know just how unpleasant, painful, and embarrassing this condition can be. Getting effective treatment as soon as possible is important, and with Canesten Thrush Cream 2% you will benefit from a treatment that can tackle the external itching and symptoms in order to help rid you of the discomfort.
Canesten 2% Thrush Cream information
What is Canesten 2% Thrush Cream and what is it used for?
When you suffer from vaginal or penile thrush, you can experience a lot of discomfort with soreness, itching, and pain depending on the severity of the infection. If you are looking for an effective, fast-acting, and proven treatment to alleviate embarrassing external symptoms, Canesten 2% Thrush Cream is an excellent choice.
Canesten 2% Cream contains the active ingredient clotrimazole, which is an antifungal agent used to target fungal infections such as vaginal thrush. It is manufactured by Bayer and is available to buy online from The Independent Pharmacy in 20g tubes. This treatment is for men and women over 18 years only. For children under 16 or the elderly over 60 years suffering from thrush please speak to a doctor or pharmacist for advice.
How does Canesten 2% Thrush Cream work?
The active ingredient Clotrimazole works by killing the fungus, on the skin surrounding the vagina or penis, that is causing thrush. Clotrimazole kills fungus by causing holes to appear in its cell membrane and the contents leak out. Canesten Thrush Cream cannot be used to treat internal thrush infections.
Alternatives to Canesten 2% Thrush Cream
Canesten Thrush Cream should only be used externally to treat irritated, inflamed, red and itchy skin caused by thrush. For treatment of the internal source of the infection, it is recommended that you combine Canesten Cream with an internal pessary or an oral capsule. This will help provide a thorough course of treatment and prevent symptoms from reoccurring.
Canesten 2% Thrush Cream warnings
Reading the following warnings carefully will help to ensure you are selecting an appropriate product.
- Consult your doctor if this is your first time experiencing candidal vaginitis symptoms.
- If you or your partner has ever had a sexually transmitted disease, or if you have had more than 2 candidal vaginitis in the last 6 months, consult your doctor before using the product.
- If you are aged over 60 years of age or under 16 years of age, or if you have ever had an allergic reaction to vaginal antifungal products including imidazoles and Canesten, consult your doctor before using the product.
- Avoid using the product, if you are pregnant, or trying to become pregnant.
- Consult your doctor before using the product if you have irregular and abnormal vaginal bleeding or foul-smelling vaginal discharge or blood-stained discharge, nausea or vomiting, fever or chills, diarrhoea, vaginal or vulval ulcers, sores or blisters, dysuria, lower abdominal pain or adverse events such as irritation, redness or swelling associated with this product.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.
Please read all packaging and the Product Information Leaflet before taking any new medicine and inform your doctor of medicines you are taking or intend to take.
How to use Canesten 2% Thrush Cream
Adults, including the elderly (under 60 years old) and children 16 years and over:
Apply 2 to 3 times a day and gently rub the cream into the affected area.
Canesten Thrush Cream can be used to treat thrush in men and women.
Canesten 2% Thrush Cream ingredients
The active ingredients contained in this medicine is: Clotrimazole 2%.
The medicine also contains the following inactive ingredients: Benzyl alcohol, polysorbate 60, sorbitan stearate, cetyl palmitate, cetostearyl alcohol, octyldodecanol and purified water.
Canesten 2% Thrush Cream side effects
Not everyone will experience side effects when they take medication, however, if you do they can include:
Vaginal irritation and burning sensation.
If you are concerned about these effects, or if the product affects you in any other way, stop using it and talk to your doctor or pharmacist.