- Free delivery over £40
- 100% UK-based pharmacy
- Free advice and support
- We're rated 4.9 out of 5
About Zirtek Allergy Tablets
Zirtek Allergy Tablets are a one-a-day treatment used for the fast and effective relief of Hay Fever and other allergies. They contain the popular non-drowsy antihistamine cetrizine and can be used safely with hay fever nasal spray and eye drops.
Buy Zirtek tablets online today from The Independent Pharmacy and take action to relieve your hay fever
Zirtek Allergy Tablets information
What are Zirtek Allergy Tablets used for?
Zirtek Tablets are used for the effective relief of the cold-like symptoms of allergic rhinitis (hay fever) such as sneezing, itchiness, and a blocked or runny nose. They can also relieve the symptoms of urticaria, also known as hives or nettle rash, a raised, red, itchy rash that appears on the skin.
Zirtek Allergy Relief Tablets are used for the relief of symptoms of hay fever and other allergic symptoms such as:
- Dust allergies
- Skin allergies
- Pet allergies
Taking regular doses of Cetirizine during the key hay fever seasons will help to prevent the symptoms taking effect.
How do Zirtek Allergy Tablets work?
Zirtek Allergy Tablets are used primarily to treat the symptoms of allergic rhinitis, otherwise known as hay fever. It can cause symptoms such as a runny nose, itch eyes, congestion, sneezing, and sinus pressure. These are also all typical symptoms of a cold, but unlike a cold, hay fever isn’t caused by a virus.
Hay fever is a response to indoor and outdoor allergens, such as pollen, or the skin of dogs and cats. Zirtek Allergy Tablets are supposed to be taken before coming into contact with any of these allergens, therefore preventing symptoms from manifesting.
Alternatives to Zirtek Allergy Tablets
- Nasal sprays like Beconase or Pirinase
- Eye drops such as Opticrom or Optilast
- Non-prescription oral antihistamines that can be used instead of Zirtek include Loratadine (non-drowsy) and Piriton (sedating).
In addition to the various hay fever treatments available, there are a number of non-medicinal ways to prevent or alleviate hay fever symptoms. These include:
- Wearing wraparound sunglasses to stop irritants from getting into the eyes
- Keeping windows closed on days with a high pollen count
- Showering and changing clothes after going outside
- Changing bed covers frequently
- Putting vaseline around the nostrils to trap pollen
How to take Zirtek Allergy Tablets
Adults and adolescents over 12 years of age: Take one tablet daily
Children aged 6 to 12 years: Take half a tablet twice daily
Do not give to children under 6 years.
Zirtek Allergy Tablets ingredients
The active ingredient in Zirtek Allergy Tablets is 10 mg of Cetirizine dihydrochloride.
Additional ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, lactose monohydrate, colloidal anhydrous silica, magnesium stearate, Opadry Y-1-7000 (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (E464), titanium dioxide (E171), Macrogol 400).
Zirtek Allergy Tablets
Zirtek Allergy Tablets can have side effects like all medicines, although these are rare and are usually mild.
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Zirtek Allergy Tablets warnings
- This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
- May cause drowsiness. If affected do not operate heavy machinery.
- Seek advice before using if you are breastfeeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies.
- Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.
Do not take Zirtek if you are allergic to any of the other ingredients in this medication.
Please read the included Patient Information leaflet carefully before using this product and if you have any questions please contact one of our pharmacists for more information.