- Free delivery over £40
- 100% UK-based pharmacy
- Free advice and support
- We're rated 4.9 out of 5
About Veganin Tablets
Fast acting relief from mild to moderate pain as well as cold and flu symptoms, Veganin Triple Action Tablet contain paracetamol 500mg, codeine 8mg and caffeine 30mg. Relief from conditions such as headaches, backaches, period pain and fever symptoms. Powerful, triple-action relief from pain.
Veganin Tablets information
What are Veganin Tablets and what are they used for?
Veganin Tablets provide short-term relief from acute moderate pain. Veganin is usually taken when other painkillers, such as paracetamol, have proven ineffective. These tablets contain the active ingredients Paracetamol 500mg, Codeine Phosphate 8mg and Caffeine 30mg to provide effective short-term (up to 3 days) relief from the following:
- Period pain
- Muscular and rheumatic pain
- Sprains and strains
Veganin tablets are manufactured by Omega Pharma and are available to purchase in boxes of 30 tablets. They are suitable for adults and children over the age of 12 years. If you are finding that Veganin isn't effectively controlling your pain, you should consult your doctor or pharmacist.
How do Veganin Tablets work?
Veganin contains paracetamol, which is used to relieve mild to moderate pain and fever. It is believed to work by reducing the production of pain-triggering chemical prostaglandins. Prostaglandins sensitise nerve endings, which in turn causes the pain sensation. By reducing their production, paracetamol is thought to increase our pain threshold. So even though the cause of the pain is still there, it is no longer felt as much.
Veganin also contains codeine, which is a slightly stronger painkilling medicine called an opioid. Opioids work by mimicking the actions of endorphins, which is the body's natural pain-relieving chemical. Codeine works on the same opioid receptors as endorphins. This action blocks the transmission of pain signals being sent from the nerves to the brain. This results in less pain being felt.
Veganin also contains caffeine, which acts as a weak stimulant that can enhance the pain-relieving effects of paracetamol. It can also work to counteract the drowsiness that can be caused by codeine.
Veganin Tablets and paracetamol
Do not take Veganin with any other product that contains paracetamol. Most over-the-counter painkillers and cough/cold remedies contain paracetamol. It is important to check the ingredients of any medicines you buy before taking them with Veganin. Alternatively, ask your pharmacist for advice.
Alternative to Veganin Tablets
There are many non-prescription alternative treatments available to buy online to help relieve aches and pains, these include:
- Veganin Triple-Action Tablets, Patient Information Leaflet: https://www.medicines.org.uk/e...
Veganin Tablets warnings
Reading the following warnings carefully will help to ensure you are selecting an appropriate product.
- Do not exceed the stated dose
- Immediate medical advice should be sought in the event of an overdose, even if you feel well because of the risk of delayed serious liver damage
Do not take if:
- You are taking other paracetamol-containing products
- You are hypersensitive(allergic) to any of the ingredients
- You have acute asthma, lung problems, alcoholism, head injury or increased pressure in the skull, or have had biliary tract surgery
Take special care if:
- You have severe liver or kidney disease
- You have prostate problems, you have bowel problems - particularly those causing inflammation or blockage, or you have had recent bowel surgery or you drink a lot of alcohol
Veganin Tablets and other medication
Speak to a doctor or pharmacist if you are taking any of the following medication:
- Metoclopramide or domperidone(used to treat nausea and vomiting)
- Cimetidine(used to treat stomach ulcers)
- Cholestyramine(used to treat high cholesterol)
- Naltrexone(used in the treatment of drug dependence)
- Quinidine or mexiletine(used to regulate heart rhythm)
- Medicines prescribed for depression (MAOIs - Monoamine oxidase inhibitors) or have been taking them in the last two weeks
- Anti-coagulants(drugs to thin the blood such as warfarin) and you need to take a pain killer on a daily basis over a long period
- Medicines for diarrhoea and abdominal cramps
- Certain sedatives
- Antimuscarinics (procyclidine)
Veganin Tablets and driving
The amount of codeine contained in Veganin Tablets is unlikely to cause significant drowsiness. However, if you find yourself affected in this way, you should avoid driving, operating heavy machinery and drinking alcohol.
Please read all packaging and the Product Information Leaflet before taking any new medicine and inform your doctor of medicines you are taking or intend to take.
Veganin Tablets dosage
Children 16-18 years:
Take 1-2 tablets every 6 hours. Do not take more than 8 tablets in 24 hours.
Adults, including the elderly:
Take 2 tablets every 4-6 hours. Do not take more than 8 tablets in 24 hours.
Do not take Veganin for more than 3 consecutive days. If you are still experiencing pain you should speak to a doctor or pharmacist for advice.
Veganin Tablets ingredients
The active ingredients contained in Veganin tablets are: Paracetamol 500mg, Codeine phosphate 8mg, and Caffeine 30 mg.
The medicine also contains the following inactive ingredients: Maize starch, methylcellulose, povidone, water, talc, calcium stearate.
Veganin Tablets side effects
Not everyone will experience side effects when they take medication, however, if you do they can include:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Facial flushing
- Dry mouth
- Blurred or double vision
- Vertigo (a sense of you or your surroundings spinning)
- Palpitations (awareness of your heartbeat)
- Difficulty or pain in urinating or needing to pass urine more often, or than usual
Different people can react differently to the same medicine. The way codeine is metabolised can vary from person to person. For some, this may lead to an increased risk of experiencing side effects. If you experience any of the following you must seek immediate medical advice:
- Reduced levels of consciousness
- Slow, shallow breathing
- 'Pin-point' pupils
- Lack of appetite
If you are concerned about these effects, or if the product affects you in any other way, stop using it and talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Veganin Tablets reviews
Veganin Tablets FAQs
Veganin tablets contain Paracetamol 500mg, Codeine phosphate 8mg, and caffeine 30 mg per tablet. Paracetamol is an pain killer, that when combined with codeine, can offer significant pain relief for conditions such as headache & migraine, dental pain, rheumatic & muscular pain, period pain, and neuralgia. Caffeine helps to give you a lift if you are feeling down or ill and may help to speed up the absorption of the other active ingredients.
In adults and children 12 years and over, the dose is 1 or 2 tablets every 4 – 6 hours. You should not take more than 8 tablets in a 24-hour period.
You can combine Veganin with ibuprofen and some topical pain relief such as Deep Heat or CuraHeat patches. Veganin should not be taken with any other products containing paracetamol, dihydrocodeine or codeine.
Veganin contains codeine, which is potentially addictive if misused. It is therefore advised that you do not take codeine-containing medicines for more than 3 consecutive days. If you feel like you need to take it for more than 3 consecutive days because you are suffering with pain that is not getting better, you should consult your GP to discuss effective long-term pain relief.
Veganin is a painkiller that contains codeine. For that reason, to ensure the safety of our patients and the legal operating of our pharmacy, we only supply one box of any codeine containing treatment at one time.
Veganin tablets are not addictive if they are taken according to the manufacturers instructions. If they are used occasionally for short-term episodes of pain that last for no more than 3 days and the maximum dose is not exceeded, there is no need to worry.
Codeine-containing medicines can become addictive if incorrectly used for long periods. If you are concerned about addiction to Nurofen Plus or codeine, you should talk to your GP in confidence.
There is no need Veganin with food, it will make no difference to the side effects or pain-killing properties.
Unlike some medicines that contain ibuprofen, Veganin does not aggravate any existing stomach conditions.
Yes, we understand that if you are in pain you want to get your treatment as soon as possible. If ordered before 4pm Monday to Friday, Veganin tablets are available for next day delivery.
Yes, as long as you are buying from a website that is a legally operating and regulated pharmacy it is perfectly safe to buy over-the-counter painkillers online. The Independent Pharmacy is an NHS Online Pharmacy based in Bristol and has all the necessary regulation to be able to safely provide convenient access to genuine Veganin tablets through our Online Pharmacy.
Just select 'Buy' above, you will need to fill in a simple health questionnaire in the checkout so we can ensure it is safe for us to supply your Veganin to you. It all takes less than 2 minutes and it can be delivered to your door.
There are many advantages to buying Veganin tablets online, some include:
- It's quick & easy - there is no need to spend time at the doctor or pharmacy.
- Fast delivery - sometimes when you are in pain we understand you can't get around as easily. We offer fast delivery to your door with Royal Mail.
- Great prices - we are able to offer very competitive prices.
- Tons of information - we provide all the information you could need on Veganin tablets and other painkillers, in easy to digest formats, at a time to suit you.