- Free delivery over £40
- 100% UK-based pharmacy
- Free advice and support
- We're rated 4.9 out of 5
Kelo-Cote Advanced Formula Scar Gel
Kelo-Cote Scar Gel is clinically proven to improve the appearance of existing and new scars while also reducing itching and irritation associated with wound healing and scar formation.
At The Independent Pharmacy, we take our customers health seriously that is why we only stock reliable treatments that can be bought online today with fast, convenient delivery.
Kelo-Cote Scar Gel Information
What is Kelo-Cote Scar Gel?
Kelo-Cote Scar Gel is a silicone-based gel that has been clinically proven to help flatten and soften new and existing scars, up to 4 years old, caused by injuries, surgery or burns. Keto-Cote can be used anywhere on the body including the face, it is suitable for even the most sensitive skin types and can be used under makeup and suncream.
These professionally recommended silicone scar gel tubes come in 3 sizes designed to suit individual scar sizes and shapes. They can be used to treat both children and adults from the age of 3 months and when applied twice a day it not only improves the appearance of scars but also soothes and calms itchy, irritated skin caused by scarring.
What is Kelo-Cote Scar Gel used for?
Scars are a part of the skin's natural healing process and are the body’s way of repairing itself. Scars can appear in different shapes and sizes, they will usually fade over time but may never completely disappear. Scars are caused by breaks in the skin that may be the result of injury, burns or surgery.
Kelo-Cote is effective at reducing the appearance of different types of scars that are less than 4 years old:
- Fine-line scars - Normal scar tissue that appears as a thin raised line. Commonly occurring after surgery.
- Keloid Scars - Overgrowth of itchy, painful scar tissue caused by the overproduction of collagen that continues to develop and extend after the wound has healed.
- Hypertrophic Scars - Thick scar tissue that is a result of the overproduction of collagen. The scar does not extend further than the wound site.
- Scar Contractures - Most common after a burn. The skin contracts causing tightness that can restrict movement around the scar.
How does Kelo-Cote Scar Gel work?
Silicone gels such as Keto-Cote scar gel, are an effective treatment used to reduce the colour, shape and size of scars as well as soothing irritation caused by the skin healing.
Silicone gels work by forming a coating over the scar tissue, which supports moisture retention within the scar tissue. It is this process that decreases the production of collagen within the healing skin, resulting in the scar becoming flatter, softer and less noticeable.
How quickly does Kelo-Cote Scar Gel work?
The recommended treatment time for the use of all silicone gels, including Kelo-Cote gel is between 2-3 months but use after this time is recommended if you have not yet reached your desired results.
Alternatives to Kelo-Cote Scar Gel
Silicone gels, including Kelo-Cote Scar Gel, and patches are well-recognised scar management treatments. There are many brands of silicone gels and patches available to purchase without a prescription, which includes SilDerm Scar Gel, Dermatix Scar Gel and Scarsil Scar Gel.
How to use Kelo-Cote Scar Gel
Kelo-Cote Scar Gel is for external use only. It can be used to treat scars anywhere on the body, including the face.
Silicone gels should be applied twice a day from the time the wound is closed and stitches are removed and are suitable for the management of scars up until a scar is 4 years old.
- Ensure that the skin is clean and dry.
- Apply a very thin layer of gel over the entire surface of the scar.
- Leave the skin to air dry for 5 minutes.
- Makeup, cosmetics and suncream can be applied once the gel is completely dry.
- Minimum treatment is between 2-3 months.
Kelo-Cote Scar Gel ingredients
Each tube of Kelo-Cote scar gel contains: Polysiloxane, silicon dioxide.
Kelo-Cote Scar Gel side effects
It is unusual for Keto-Cote Gell to cause side effects, however, if you develop any redness or irritation on or around the application site you should stop using this product. If your symptoms do not improve or you are worried about any side effects you should speak to a doctor or pharmacist for advice.
Kelo-Cote Scar Gel warnings
- Kelo-Cote Scar Gel is for external use only. It should not be applied to broken or infected skin. You should avoid contact with your eyes and do not swallow.
- Do not apply Kelo-Cote Gel over the top of any antibiotic creams, ointments or gels and it should not be used at the same time as any other skin treatments.