- Free delivery over £40
- 100% UK-based pharmacy
- Free advice and support
- We're rated 4.9 out of 5
Lansoprazole Orodispersible Tablets are a prescription-only treatment for painful, uncomfortable symptoms of acid reflux, heartburn and indigestion. When taken as prescribed they effectively reduce the amount of stomach acid the body produces to offer relief.
Complete your free online consultation today and receive your prescription of Lansoprazole from The Independent Pharmacy delivered as quickly as the next day.
Lansoprazole 15mg Orodispersible Tablets information
What is Lansoprazole and what is it used for?
Lansoprazole orodispersible tablets are a prescription-only treatment that provides relief from acid reflux, heartburn, and stomach ulcers for adults over the age of 18 years. Lansoprazole eases these recurrent symptoms by inhibiting acid production in the stomach. It falls into a category of medication known as proton pump inhibitors.
The orodispersible tablets are manufactured by Ranbaxy Limited and are available in boxes of 28 tablets. Orodispersible tablets are specially designed for people who struggle to swallow tablets or have swallowing difficulties. They are an unbranded version of Zoton fasTab and are available in 15mg strength.
What is acid reflux and heartburn?
Stomach acids are important for the digestive process, they break down food before it reaches the intestines. Usually, the oesophagus is guarded against these acids by the oesophageal sphincter. This sphincter is made up of a group of muscles that form a one-way barrier; allowing food to enter the stomach and preventing acids from leaving.
Sometimes, this sphincter can weaken, which allows stomach acid to pass through this barrier and enter the oesophagus, this is acid reflux. Heartburn is a consequence of acid reflux, caused by acid ‘burning, the tissues of the oesophagus. Despite its name, heartburn has nothing to do with the heart. It gets its name purely because of the burning sensation felt in the chest.
How does Lansoprazole work?
Many of us will experience the occasional bout of heartburn. However, some sufferers can experience these symptoms very frequently – this will likely be due to gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD). Lansoprazole is a prescription-only medicine for GORD and other related conditions, such as stomach ulcers and an inflamed oesophagus. Lansoprazole works by inhibiting the activity of proton pumps (proteins that produce acids in the stomach). This decreases the levels of acid in the stomach, relieving the associated symptoms of acid reflux.
Alternatives to Lansoprazole
Antacids are alkali liquids or tablets that improve symptoms of acid reflux by neutralising stomach acid. Antacids such as Gaviscon are available without a prescription from The Independent Pharmacy. These can be taken as and when required, however, they may reduce the effectiveness of Lansoprazole, so they should not be taken within 1 hour of each other.
For more details about alternative prescription and over-the-counter treatment please check out our Advice for Acid Reflux & Heartburn page.
Non-medicinal ways to improve acid reflux
- GORD is a fairly common infliction, affecting roughly 20% of people. Symptoms will likely to more pronounced if you are lying down. It is recommended to avoid lying down horizontally after eating, also, consider sleeping on an incline.
- Obesity is the main cause of GORD. This is due to excess fat adding strain to organs, such as the stomach. The increased pressure forces the stomach acid out past the weakened sphincter and into the oesophagus. So trying to lose weight can sometimes improve symptoms.
- Large meals that fill the stomach have a similar effect to being overweight, so consider eating smaller portions that don’t leave you feeling full and bloated.
- Along with fatty foods, try to avoid foods that are acidic or spicy. For example; onions and chillies. As well as certain food, carbonated, alcoholic and caffeinated drinks should also be avoided, as these too can also lead to heartburn.
- Several medications can potentially interfere with digestion in ways that may increase the risk of GORD. If you believe the medicine you are taking may be causing your GORD symptoms, we advise you to discuss this with your GP.
- Lansoprazole Orodispersible Tablets, Patient Information Leaflet: https://www.medicines.org.uk/e...
Reading the following warnings carefully will help to ensure you are selecting an appropriate product.
Inform your doctor if you have:
- Had a reaction to other proton pump inhibitors
- You have any liver problems
- You have osteoporosis
Lansoprazole and other medicines
Inform your doctor if you plan on taking Lansoprazole while taking any of the following medicines:
- Antifungal medicines (e.g. ketoconazole, voriconazole, itraconazole)
- St Johns Wort
- HIV medicines that contain nelfinavir
Talk to your doctor if you have phenylketonuria, as Lansoprazole dispersible tablets do contain aspartame.
Please read all packaging and the Patient Information Leaflet before taking any new medicine and inform your doctor of medicines you are taking or intend to take.
Adults over the age of 18 years: Lansoprazole should be taken exactly as prescribed by a doctor or pharmacist. The most common dose is 1-2 tablets once a day either placed directly on the tongue and swallowed with water or dissolved in a syringe of water.
To dissolve in the syringe:
- Remove the plunger from the syringe.
- Put the tablet into the barrel and put the plunger back into the syringe.
- For the 15 mg tablet: Draw 4 ml tap water into the syringe or for the 30 mg tablet: Draw 10 ml tap water into the syringe.
- Invert the syringe and draw an additional 1 ml of air into it.
- Shake the syringe gently for 10-20 seconds until the tablet is dispersed.
- The contents can be emptied directly into the mouth.
- Refill the syringe with 2-5 ml of tap water to flush the remnants out of the syringe
into the mouth
Lansoprazole should be taken at least 30 minutes before eating.
If, for any reason, you forget to take a tablet, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is nearly time for your next tablet, skip the dose that you missed. Never double your dose to compensate for a dose that you have missed.
The active ingredient contained in Lansoprazole is: Lansoprazole 15mg.
Lansoprazole also contains the following inactive ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, light magnesium carbonate, low-substituted hydroxypropyl cellulose, hydroxypropyl cellulose (E463), Hypromellose 3 cps )E464), Talc (E553b), titanium dioxide (E171), mannitol (E412), Methacrylic acid ethyl acrylate copolymer dispersion (1:1), polyacrylate dispersion, glycerol monostearate, polyethylene glycol 6000, triethyl citrate, polysorbate 80, anhydrous citric acid (E330), ferric oxide yellow (E172), ferric oxide red (E172), talc (E553b), F-melt type C, crospovidone, microcrystalline cellulose, aspartame (E951), strawberry flavour, magnesium stearate (vegetable grade) (E470b).
Not everyone will experience side effects when they take Lansoprazole capsules, however, if you do they can include:
- Stomach pain
- Sore throat
- Skin irritation
If you are concerned about these effects, or if the product affects you in any other way, stop using it and talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Lansoprazole 15mg Orodispersible Tablets reviews
Lansoprazole 15mg Orodispersible Tablets FAQs
Just select ‘Start Consultation’ next to the product above, or on the links below.
You will need to fill in a simple health questionnaire so that our GPs and Pharmacists can ensure it is safe for us to supply your Lansoprazole capsules to you. It only takes a few minutes, and your treatment can be delivered to your door as soon as the next working day.
Yes – as long as you are buying from a website that is a legally operating and regulated pharmacy, it is perfectly safe to buy Lansoprazole capsules online.
The Independent Pharmacy is an NHS Online Pharmacy based in Bristol and has all the necessary regulation to be able to safely provide convenient access to genuine prescription treatments through our Online Pharmacy and Online Doctor.
There are many advantages to buying acid reflux treatments online, some include:
- It's quick and easy- there is no need to spend time at the doctor or pharmacy.
- Fast delivery- We offer same day dispatch before 4pm and fast delivery to your address of choice with Royal Mail.
- Great prices- we are able to offer very competitive prices and we guarantee to beat any other Online Doctor service.
- A wealth of information - we provide all the information you could need on Lansoprazole capsules and other acid reflux treatments, in easy to digest formats, at a time that suits you.