- Free delivery over £40
- 100% UK-based pharmacy
- Free advice and support
- We're rated 4.9 out of 5
About Optrex Double Action Eye Drops
Optrex Double Action Eye Drops information
What are Optrex Double Action Eye Drops and what are they used for?
Optrex Double Action Eye Drops for Itchy and Watery Eyes are designed to simultaneously rehydrate and lubricate your eyes to provide instant and long lasting relief.
Optrex Double Action eye drops are designed to provide relief for dry, irritated eyes while also reducing redness, making them suitable for those experiencing both symptoms. They are typically used for short-term relief of mild to moderate dry eye symptoms, such as dryness, discomfort, and redness caused by factors such as environmental factors, prolonged computer use, contact lens wear, or other causes of eye irritation.
Optrex Double Action eye drops are lubricating and protecting double action relief drops. They are preservative and phosphate free and can be used up to 3 months after opening. When using for irritated eyes caused by allergies, they are suitable to be used in conjunction with anti-histamine treatments.
What are the benefits of using Optrex Double Action Eye Drops?
- Specially designed preservative and phosphate free formula
- Soothes itchy eyes
- Lubricates for long lasting relief and comfort
- Suitable for use with contact lenses
How to use Optrex Double Action Eye Drops
Adults and children over the age of 6 years:
- Wash hands thoroughly before use.
- Remove tamper-evident seal prior to first use, and remove cap.
- Tilt head backwards and gently squeeze 1-2 drops into each eye.
- Blink a few times to ensure then whole eye is covered.
- Shake the bottle to remove any residual drop.
- Replace the bottle top tightly after use.
- Use no more than 10 doses (1-2 drops per eye) per day.
- See leaflet for full instructions, warnings and precautions for use.
Avoid touching the tip of the eyedropper to your eye or any other surface. If you struggle with this, you can try resting your hand on the side of your face and placing the drop in the side of your eye.
If your symptoms have not improved after use, you should speak to a doctor or pharmacist for advice.
Optrex Double Action Eye Drops ingredients:
Contains: Sorbitol, Sodium Hydroxide, Carbomer, Sodium Chloride, WFI.
Optrex Double Action Eye Drops side effects
Not everyone will experience side effects when they use Optrex eye drops. However, if you do, they can include:
- Stinging in the eyes or blurred vision. This should go away a few moments after using the drops.
If you are concerned about these effects, or if the product affects you in any other way, stop using it and talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Optrex Double Action Eye Drops warnings
Reading the following warnings carefully will help to ensure you are selecting an appropriate product.
- You will not be able to continue wearing soft contact lenses while using Optrex Double Action Eye Drops.
- Not for use in children under the age of 6 years.
- Speak to a doctor or pharmacist for advice if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- This medication may cause you to experience temporary blurred vision. Do not drive or operate machinery until you can see clearly.
Please read all packaging and the Product Information Leaflet before taking any new medicine and inform your doctor of medicines you are taking or intend to take.
Optrex Double Action Eye Drops FAQs
- Keep windows closed in your house or car
- Clean your pets and clothes after they have been outside
- Avoid irritants such as cigarette smoke
- Avoid grassy areas
- Wear protection such as sunglasses when you need to be outside
- Vacuum and dust your house regularly