- Free delivery over £40
- 100% UK-based pharmacy
- Free advice and support
- We're rated 4.9 out of 5
Diprosalic Ointment combines a potent steroid and salicylic acid to help reduce inflammation, itching and redness as well as reducing dryness, scaling and flaking caused by skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema.
Buy Diprosalic today from The Independent Pharmacy. Available to purchase online with a free prescription once you have completed a free online health consultation.
Diprosalic Ointment Information
What is Diprosalic Ointment?
Diprosalic Ointment is part of our prescription-only skincare range for the treatment of red, itchy and scaly skin that is caused by conditions such as psoriasis and eczema.
Diprosalic Ointment contains two active ingredients: a potent steroid, betamethasone and salicylic acid which helps to quickly remove dead cells from the surface of the skin. The salicylic acid improves the function of the betamethasone enabling it to more efficiently soothe and heal the affected areas.
You may be prescribed Diprosalic Ointment if you have tried lower-strength steroid treatments and they have not been effective. This treatment is manufactured by Organon Pharma and is suitable for use by both children and adults as directed by a doctor or pharmacist.
What is Diprosalic Ointment used for?
Diprosalic Ointment is applied directly to areas of skin that are red, itchy, dry and scaly, which is caused by a skin condition such as psoriasis and eczema. When used as directed Diprosalic removes dead skin cells and reduces irritation and inflammation on the skin below.
How does Diprosalic Ointment?
Because Diprosalic Ointment contains two active ingredients they work more quickly and efficiently than some other psoriasis and eczema treatments.
- Salicylic Acid is what is known as a keratolytic agent meaning it works by softening dry, flaky skin helping it to be shed more quickly to expose the new healthy skin underneath.
- Betamethasone is a “potent” steroid, which means it is high strength and is prescribed to people who have used lower strength steroids and these have not been effective. When Betamethasone is applied to the skin it helps to reduce redness, itching and inflammation by preventing the body’s cells from producing a chemical called histamines that are responsible for causing inflammation.
Alternatives to Diprosalic Ointment
At The Independent Pharmacy, we sell a wide range of prescription and nonprescription treatments for dry skin conditions including, eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis and a dry scalp. Dry skin conditions can be very uncomfortable, painful and even cause sufferers to feel embarrassed. It is therefore important you find a product that is right for you.
Available treatments include:
- E45 Psoriasis Cream (non-prescription)
- Dermalex Scalp Psoriasis Gel (non-prescription)
- Betnovate Cream & Ointment (prescription)
- Hydrocortisone Cream & Ointment (prescription)
- Dovobet Gel & Ointment (prescription)
If you are unsure about what is the most appropriate treatment option for you it is recommended that you speak to a doctor or pharmacist for advice.
How to use Diprosalic Ointment
Diprosalic Ointment should be used exactly as directed by a doctor or pharmacist. It is for external use only and should be applied only to affected areas of skin.
- Wash hands before and after use.
- Apply a thin layer to all affected areas twice a day.
Do not use Diprosalic Ointment on your face or on children for more than 5 days. Please read the Patient Information Leaflet thoroughly before use.
Diprosalic Ointment ingredients
The active ingredient in Diprosalic Ointment is: Each gram contains 0.64 mg of betamethasone dipropionate and 30 mg of salicylic acid.
The other ingredients are: liquid paraffin and white soft paraffin.
Diprosalic Ointment side effects
It is unlikely for users of Diprosalic Ointment to develop side effects if it is used as directed. However, if this product is used for a long time or more than the recommended dose is applied the following side effects can occur:
- Thinning of the skin,
- Stinging, blistering, peeling, swelling, itching, burning, skin rash and dryness of the skin
- Inflammation of the hair follicles
- Excessive hair growth
- Reduced skin pigmentation
- Blurred vision
Diprosalic Ointment warnings
- Do not use this product if any of the following apply to you: You are allergic to any of the ingredients; you suffer from rosacea, acne, dermatitis around the mouth, genital itching, nappy rash, cold sores, chickenpox.
- Do not smoke or go near naked flames while using this product as it contains ingredients that are flammable and you are at risk from severe burns.
- Do not use Diprosalic Ointment under bandages or dressings.
- If you use more Diprosalic Ointment than is recommended this can affect your hormones levels resulting in thinning of your skin, rounding of the face, weakness, tiredness or dizziness.
Diprosalic Ointment in pregnancy & breastfeeding
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine.