- Free delivery over £40
- 100% UK-based pharmacy
- Free advice and support
- We're rated 4.9 out of 5
Diprosalic Application for Scalp Psoriasis
Diprosalic Scalp Application combines a potent steroid and salicylic acid to help reduce inflammation, itching and redness on the scalp as well as reducing dryness, scaling and flaking caused by skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema.
Buy Diprosalic today from The Independent Pharmacy. Available to purchase online with a prescription once you have completed a free online health consultation with a member of our medical team.
Diprosalic Scalp Information
What is Diprosalic Scalp Application?
Diprosalic Scalp Application is part of our prescription-only dry scalp treatment range for the relief of red, itchy, scaly and inflamed scalps caused by conditions such as psoriasis and eczema.
Diprosalic Scalp Application contains two active ingredients: a potent steroid, betamethasone and salicylic acid which helps to quickly remove dead cells from the surface of the skin. The salicylic acid improves the function of the betamethasone enabling it to soothe and heal the affected areas of the scalp.
You may be prescribed Diprosalic Scalp Application if you have tried lower-strength steroid treatments and they have not been effective. This treatment is manufactured by Organon Pharma and is suitable for use by both children and adults as directed by a doctor or pharmacist.
What is Diprosalic Scalp Application used for?
Diprosalic Scalp Application is applied directly to areas of the scalp that have become red, itchy, dry and scaly due to dry skin conditions such as psoriasis or eczema. When used as directed Diprosalic removes the dead skin cells on the surface of the scalp and reduces irritation and inflammation on the skin below.
How does Diprosalic Scalp Application?
Because Diprosalic Scalp Application contains two active ingredients they work more quickly and efficiently than some other psoriasis and eczema treatments.
- Salicylic Acid is what is known as a keratolytic agent meaning it works by softening dry, flaky skin helping it to be shed more quickly to expose the new healthy skin underneath.
- Betamethasone is a “potent” steroid, which means it is high strength and is prescribed to people who have used lower strength steroids and these have not been effective. When Betamethasone is applied to the skin it helps to reduce redness, itching and inflammation by preventing the body’s cells from producing a chemical called histamine that is responsible for causing inflammation.
Alternatives to Diprosalic Scalp Application
At The Independent Pharmacy, we sell a wide range of prescription and nonprescription treatments for dry scalps and dry skin conditions including eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis. Suffering from a dry scalp, whatever the cause, can be very uncomfortable, painful and even embarrassing. It is therefore important you find a product that is right for you.
Alternative scalp treatments include:
- Neutrogena T/Gel Shampoo (non-prescription)
- Dermalex Scalp Psoriasis Gel (non-prescription)
- Bettamousse Foam (prescription)
- Elocon Scalp Lotion (prescription)
If you are unsure about what is the most appropriate treatment option for you it is recommended that you speak to a doctor or pharmacist for advice.
How to use Diprosalic Scalp Application
Diprosalic Scalp Application should be used exactly as directed by a doctor or pharmacist. It is for external use only and should be applied only to affected areas of the scalp.
- Wash hands before and after use.
- Apply a few drops to all affected areas twice a day.
- Rub into the skin gently but thoroughly.
Do not use Diprosalic Scalp Application on children for more than 5 days. Please read the Patient Information Leaflet thoroughly before use.
Diprosalic Scalp Application ingredients
The active ingredient in Diprosalic Scalp Application is: Each gram contains 0.64 mg of betamethasone dipropionate and 20 mg of salicylic acid.
The other ingredients are: disodium edetate, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, sodium hydroxide, isopropyl alcohol and purified water.
Diprosalic Scalp Application side effects
It is unlikely for users of Diprosalic Scalp Application to develop side effects if it is used as directed. However, if this product is used for a long time or more than the recommended dose is applied the following side effects can occur:
- Thinning of the skin,
- Stinging, blistering, peeling, swelling, itching, burning, skin rash and dryness of the skin
- Inflammation of the hair follicles
- Excessive hair growth
- Reduced skin pigmentation
- Blurred vision
Diprosalic Scalp Application warnings
- Do not use this product if any of the following apply to you: You are allergic to any of the ingredients; you suffer from rosacea, acne, dermatitis around the mouth, genital itching, nappy rash, cold sores, chickenpox.
- Do not smoke or go near naked flames while using this product as it contains ingredients that are flammable and you are at risk from severe burns.
- Do not use Diprosalic Scalp Application under bandages or dressings.
- If you use more Diprosalic Scalp Application than is recommended this can affect your hormones levels resulting in thinning of your skin, rounding of the face, weakness, tiredness or dizziness.
Diprosalic Scalp Application in pregnancy & breastfeeding
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine.