- Free delivery over £40
- 100% UK-based pharmacy
- Free advice and support
- We're rated 4.9 out of 5
Buy Covonia Chesty Cough Sugar Free Syrup Online in the UK
Covonia Chesty Cough Sugar-Free Syrup is a cough remedy to help loosen stubborn mucus or phlegm and provide relief from chesty coughs.
- Contains an expectorant to help loosen phlegm
- Free from nuts and alcohol
- Sugar-free (suitable for diabetics)
About Covonia Chesty Cough Sugar Free Syrup
What is Covonia Chesty Cough Sugar Free syrup and what is it used for?
Covonia Chesty Cough Sugar-Free Syrup contains guaifenesin to help loosen stubborn mucus and clear chesty coughs.
Covonia Chesty Cough Sugar Free is non-drowsy.
Alternatives to Covonia Chesty Cough Sugar Free
Experiencing coughs and colds at any time of the year is incredibly common. There are therefore plenty of choices when it comes to treating an irritating cough and it is often down to personal preference as to what treatment you prefer. Often cold and flu treatments also contain decongestants and painkillers so it is important to read the product descriptions of each treatment carefully.
Examples of alternative treatments include:
If you have been taking any cold and flu treatment for 5 days and have not noticed an improvement to your cough or your condition has worsened you should speak to a doctor for advice.
Covonia Chesty Cough Sugar Free dosage
Read all of this section carefully before you start using Covonia Chesty Cough Sugar-Free Syrup. It includes other information which might be especially important for you. Always use this medicine exactly as described or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you.
Always read the label before using this medicine.
- Adults, the elderly and children 12 years and over: 3 x 5ml spoonfuls
- The dose should not be repeated more frequently than every 6 hours
- No more than 3 doses should be taken in any 24 hours
- Do not give to children under 12 years
Covonia Chesty Cough Sugar Free ingredients
The active ingredients per 15ml are: guaifenesin 200mg
The other ingredients are: water, glycerin (E422), sorbitol (E420), sodium cyclamate (E952), sodium saccharin (E954), carrageenan, potassium sorbate (E202), anise, blackcurrant and menthol, flavours [contains triacetin (E1518), propylene glycol (E1520)], colours ponceau 4R (E124) and caramel (E150)
This medicine contains:
- Sorbitol (E420) 3.1g per 15ml dose. Sorbitol is a source of fructose. If your doctor has told you that you have an intolerance to some sugars or if you have been diagnosed with hereditary fructose intolerance (HFI), a rare genetic disorder in which a person cannot break down fructose, talk to your doctor before taking this medicine
- Propylene glycol (E1520) 25.1mg per 15ml dose
- Sodium less than 1mmol per 15ml dose. That is to say essentially ‘sodium-free’
- Ponceau 4R (E124). May cause allergic reactions
- Suitable for vegetarians, vegans and coeliacs
- Free from nuts, alcohol and sugar
Covonia Chesty Cough Sugar Free side effects
Possible side effects:
Like all medicines, Covonia Chesty Cough Sugar-Free Syrup can have side effects, although these don’t affect everyone
Possible side effects are:
- Stomach ache and discomfort, nausea (feeling sick), vomiting (being sick)
- Allergic reactions such as skin rash
Reporting of side effects: If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed here. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard or search for 'MHRA Yellow Card' in the Google Play or Apple App Store. By reporting side effects, you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
Covonia Chesty Cough Sugar Free warnings
Always read the label before taking this medicine.
Do not take more medicine than the label tells you to. Do not take with any other cough and cold medicine.
Do not take this medicine if you:
- Are allergic to guaifenesin or any of the other ingredients
- Suffer from porphyria, which is a blood disorder that causes skin or nervous system problems
Do not use this medicine if you have:
- An allergy to any ingredient listed
- Suffer from porphyria, which is a type of blood disorder that causes skin or nervous system problems
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking if you have:
- An intolerance to some sugars
Pregnant or breastfeeding:
- Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking this medicine if you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby
Do not give to children under 12 years
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children
Store below 25°C
Do not use after the expiry date. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month