- Free delivery over £40
- 100% UK-based pharmacy
- Free support and advice
- We’re rated 4.9 out of 5
Elleste Solo HRT Tablets for Menopause
Elleste Solo Information
What is Elleste Solo and what is it used for?
Elleste Solo tablets are a form of hormone replacement therapy (HRT), used to treat symptoms of the menopause. Elleste Solo contains estradiol, which is identical to the female hormone oestrogen.
During the menopause, the production of oestrogen in a woman’s ovaries gradually stops. This deficiency can lead to a number of symptoms, including hot flushes, depression, sleep problems, dryness and osteoporosis. If these symptoms are sufficiently severe, you may be prescribed Elleste Solo in order to supplement the body’s oestrogen levels.
Elleste Solo is available in 1mg and 2mg strengths. You will likely begin HRT on the 1mg dose.
All women go through the menopause. This usually occurs between the ages of 45 and 55. As you approach this age, your ovaries will produce less and less oestrogen. This has the effect of stopping the menstrual cycle, but the change in hormone levels can lead to several symptoms which may have a substantial impact on day-to-day life.
Physical symptoms include hot flushes (a spontaneous heat that spreads throughout the body, leading to blushing, sweating and an unusually strong heartbeat), night sweats and dryness of the eyes or vagina. The hormonal change can also cause distressing psychological effects such as irritability, insomnia and depression.
Experiences with menopausal symptoms vary significantly depending on the individual. They can begin multiple years prior to the menopause itself, and remain for many years. Women will, on average, experience symptoms for about four years.
Another complication that occurs due to decreased oestrogen level is a weakening of the bones, or osteoporosis. Elleste Solo 2mg tablets are an effective preventative treatment for women who cannot take other osteoporosis medicines but are at high risk of bone fractures.
Hormone Replacement Therapy eases the symptoms of menopause by supplementing the levels of hormones which the body can produce naturally. The active ingredient in Elleste Solo is estradiol, which is a form of oestrogen. If you have had a hysterectomy (an operation to remove the uterus), oestrogen is the only hormone you will be required to replace. Other HRT oestrogen-only HRT tablets include Progynova and Zumenon.
If you have not had your uterus removed, you will be prescribed a progestogen medicine alongside Elleste Solo or you may use a combined HRT, such as Elleste Duet. This is because when oestrogen levels alone are increased, the lining of the uterus (the endometrium) will grow excessively. This will substantially increase your risk of complications such as endometrial cancer. If you have not had a hysterectomy, you may instead be prescribed another medicine which provides combined HRT.
Elleste Solo will provide relief from menopausal symptoms within a few weeks of daily use. As your body adjusts to Elleste Solo, you may notice breakthrough bleeding or spotting. Talk to your GP if this continues after more than a few months of treatment. HRT should only be necessary as a relatively short-term treatment as your body adjusts to the menopause. You should review your HRT with your GP at least once each year and have regular gynaecological checkups.
HRT will not prevent pregnancy in women who are otherwise fertile. Women under 50 are considered fertile until two years after their final menstrual cycle (for women over 50, this is reduced to one year). Do not use a hormonal contraceptive while undergoing HRT.
To find out how other women have found using this treatment, read our Elleste Solo reviews here.
Why choose The Independent Pharmacy?
- Fast delivery - order before 3pm and receive your treatment as quickly as the next day
- Free online consultation service with one of our UK-based and UK registered doctors & pharmacists
- Discreet packaging & confidential service - we don't include any branding or pharmacy logo on our packaging meaning you can get your treatment delivered anywhere
- Only proven prescription medication available
- Registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council and Care Quality Commission.
Some non-medicinal alternatives for the symptoms of menopause are:
For Night Sweats and Hot Flushes
- Using a fan
- Cool showers
- Wearing light clothing
- Healthy diet and regular exercise
- Stopping smoking
Elleste Solo warnings
Reading the following warnings carefully will help to ensure you are selecting an appropriate product.
Elleste Solo is unsuitable for you if you:
- Have ever had breast cancer
- May have a cancer which is sensitive to oestrogen (including uterine cancer)
- Have untreated endometrial hyperplasia (an excessively thick womb lining)
- Suffer from a blood clotting disorder, or have ever had a blood clot
- Have recently had a heart attack or stroke
- Have unexplained vaginal bleeding
- Have a history of liver disease
- Suffer from porphyria (a rare hereditary blood disease)
- Are allergic to any of the ingredients in Elleste Solo
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Inform your GP if you plan on taking Elleste Solo and have ever had any of the following health complications:
- Impaired liver function
- Uterine problems including endometriosis or endometrial hyperplasia
- Circulation problems (e.g. angina, heart attack)
- High risk of blood clots
- An autoimmune disorder
- Fluid retention
- High blood pressure
- High fat levels in the blood
- Otosclerosis (a hereditary ear disorder)
- A history of severe allergic reactions
- A family history of breast cancer or another oestrogen-sensitive cancer.
Tell your GP or pharmacist if you have taken or plan to take any of the following medicines:
- Epilepsy medicines (e.g. phenytoin, carbamazepine)
- Tuberculosis medicines (e.g. rifampicin)
- HIV medicines (e.g. nevirapine, ritonavir, nelfinavir)
- Anticoagulants (e.g. warafin)
- St John's Wort.
As your body adjusts to Elleste Solo, you may notice breakthrough bleeding or spotting. Talk to your GP if this continues after more than a few months of treatment.
If you have not had your uterus removed, you will be prescribed a progestogen medicine alongside Elleste Solo. This is because when oestrogen levels alone are increased, the lining of the uterus (the endometrium) will grow excessively. This will substantially increase your risk of complications such as endometrial cancer.
HRT may increase your risk of breast cancer. The extent of this risk will vary depending on the length of your HRT treatment and whether you are taking combined or oestrogen-only HRT. Check your breasts regularly for changes to the skin or nipple, or for any noticeable lump. For women who use HRT for more than five years, there may also be a slight increase in the risk of ovarian cancer.
Stop taking Elleste Solo and seek medical attention immediately if you notice early signs of any of the following:
- Blood clots – pain and swelling of the legs, difficulty breathing
- Stroke – sudden migraines, blurred vision
- Heart disease – chest pain which extends to the neck or arm
- Liver disease – yellow colouration of the skin or eyes.
Discuss with your doctor whether the personal benefits of HRT outweigh the risks mentioned above.
Please read all packaging and the Product Information Leaflet before taking any new medicine and inform your doctor of medicines you are taking or intend to take.
Elleste Solo directions
Elleste Solo should be taken at a similar time each day, according to the directions on the pack. Swallow the tablet whole with a sip of water. This can be done with or without food.
If, for any reason, you forget to take a tablet, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is more than 12 hours late, skip the dose that you missed. Never double your dose to compensate for a dose that you have missed.
Read about how long Elleste Solo takes to work here.
Elleste Solo ingredients
The active ingredient contained in Elleste Solo is estradiol (as hemihydrate).
Elleste Solo tablets also contain the following inactive ingredients to make up the complete product:
Lactose monohydrate, maize starch, povidone, talc, magnesium stearate, macrogol 400, titanium dioxide (E171) and hypromellose (E464). Elleste Solo 2mg has the extra ingredient sunset yellow (E110).
Elleste Solo side effects
Not everyone will experience side effects when they take Elleste Solo, however if you do they can include:
Nausea, headache, breast tenderness, change in libido, stomach cramps, fluid retention, breakthrough bleeding
If you are concerned about these effects, or if the product affects you in any other way, stop using it and talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
For more information read our detailed guide on Elleste Solo side effects.
Elleste Solo Tablets (1mg & 2mg) reviews
Elleste Solo Tablets (1mg & 2mg) FAQs
Just select ‘Start Consultation’ next to the product above, or on the links below.
You will need to fill in a simple health questionnaire so that our medical team can ensure it is safe for us to supply your Elleste tablets to you. It only takes a few minutes, and your treatment can be delivered to your door as soon as the next working day.
The price includes the medication you have selected, the private consultation with our doctor or pharmacist and, if the purchase is over £40, it also includes free standard delivery. Under £40, standard delivery is £2.95 and all items are sent using a Royal Mail Tracked Service.
There are many advantages to buying HRT treatments online, some include:
- It's quick and easy - there is no need to spend time at the doctor or pharmacy.
- Fast delivery - we offer same day dispatch before 4pm and fast delivery to your address of choice with Royal Mail.
- Great prices - we are able to offer very competitive prices and we guarantee to beat any other online pharmacy.
- Wealth of information - we provide all the information you could need on Elleste tablets and other HRT treatments, in easy to digest formats, at a time that suits you.